Samsung has a lot riding on its next smartphone, the Galaxy S8, which debuts on Wednesday at an event in New York City.
Reports on new features of the S8 have been unusually abundant. Many of the reports were confirmed by Computerworld with seven industry insiders who spoke on the condition they not be named.
According to these sources, both the S8 and S8 Plus:
- will be larger than the last generation;
- will have no physical home button;
- will have facial recognition, in addition to a fingerprint scanner, to verify the user;
- will have a DeX docking device, sold separately;
- and will include a new voice assistant called Bixby.